Monday, April 9, 2012

Technologically Blessed

I have just received my May issue of Parents magazine in the mail, it always makes me so excited! My days of reading the latest celebrity mags are over, it's all about baby for this Mama now! It's so full of advice and tips.

What I have been doing since I was pregnant is tearing out the pages of anything I come across that interests me and keep it with Bella's baby book (so what if I tear out an article from a magazine in the Doctor's office or whereever I am once in a while? The Receptionist will only glare for a second!) I'd like to make a sort of scrapbook with all these little tidbits for later use. I also keep the weekly parent advice emails I receive in a folder for future reference too. Such as advice on starting solids, and future 1st Birthday party planning. I have saved quite a few (okay more than quite a few!) ranging from future easy recipes and fun treats to make with Bella when she gets older and can "help." Also things I can make for her such as thread wrapped wire letters for her bedroom (they are listed as an activity for Mother's day on Pg. 38 of Parents magazine's May issue.) I love them! I found a great one for headbands too, I'd rather make her my own that will fit her than some of the little headbands I've purchased in the past that end up being too tight and go unused. I try to be mindful of it after recently reading that infants can suffer from headaches just like any adult and too tight hats and headbands can cause them. So making my own to fit her head specifically is the way to go for me! I am so grateful to live in a day and age where an uncertain Mommy has unlimited resources to even the craziest questions or fears as a new parent. There are endless magazines, websites, Blogs, forums, and so on, to help! Even at 2 AM when you can't necessarily call up your own Mom or friend for advice. I can't imagine what Mommy's did before all of this technology. I seriously rely on all of those resources and recommend that any new Mommy tap into the information at your disposal! Research Mommys! Research!

Bella doing her own reasearch on Nuby.com for BPA-free spoons and bowls that she can use when she starts solids this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment