Friday, April 6, 2012

Shots!

My poor Pookie had her last round of shots yesterday at her 4 month checkup. One in each leg and one orally. That has gotta be the hardest thing to stand there and watch. I think the nurse feared for her life with Mama Lioness there!! Haha, can't say I was too psyched. "Get that needle away from my baby!." I was a bucket of nerves all day knowing she was going to be in pain and have a rough night ahead of us. Which we certainly did, she still has quite a fever this morning too. Gave her a bath and she is now sleeping soundly in her swing all snuggled in. I wish I could get shots for her! The thing that gets me is how instantly she feels like crap after she gets them. I can see it in her eyes, poor little one! I made sure to give her some Tylenol right there at the Doctor's this time instead of waiting until later like I did the first time (and was advised to). All went well other than that though! She is getting into the average bracket for her age, finally starting to catch up to normal weight. Afterall she was only 5lbs 2oz when I had her and I took her home from the hospital at a teeny 4lbs 12oz. She now weighs 12lbs, 12 oz!



                                                           Bella's pre-shot photo :)

Now I'm not sure if anyone else is encountering some confusion with the new dosing levels on baby medicine. I use Little Fevers because of the recall on Tylenol, which says to check with a Doctor because the dosing information and levels have changed. Since Bella's weight has been changing so rapidly over the past few months, and I am so on guard with over medicating, I call my Doctor's office to get an idea from them how much to give her every time she needs some. So I have the nurse telling me one amount to give her, then the information packet I receive at the Doctor's telling me another, and my Doctor himself telling me another. How stressful! Best of luck to anyone going through that too!

No comments:

Post a Comment