Monday, April 30, 2012

Madre!

I couldn't be more excited! My Mom is flying in tomorrow (rain permitting) and will be to my house sometime in the early afternoon. I have been cleaning like mad and jumping for joy all day. She is literally my best friend, my rock and my heart. We are extremely close, envied by most of the parents who have seen our relationship. My relationship with my mother is one that if I could even have half of with Bella, I will be truly, truly blessed.

She stayed from the night Bella was born and for an entire month afterwards (THANK GOD!) I could not have survived that first month without her. She was my go-to gal at 4 AM after hourly feedings when this new Mommy was teary and sleep-deprived and totally on the edge. She and Bella had a strong bond from the start and I know they always will.

It's been hard with my Mom living so far away to not have her in my own life and now not in Bella's as much as I wish she could (though we all secretly know I'll be back down South someday). She is constantly calling, begging for photos, videos, anything, and ALWAYS, seriously like WEEKLY sending Bella gigantic boxes of goodies only she can think of! Her stingray bath sponge for example, or first snow globe and of course an endless supply of gorgeous clothes expertly picked out with love and care for "our girl."

Can you tell I'm excited? Details and evidence of our shenanigans to come. Bella! Prepare yourself for frilly outfits and tights because your Nene is coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment