Monday, April 2, 2012

The Great Stroller Debate

How the heck does a Mama pick a stroller? I have been on the hunt since I discovered I was pregnant for the best jogger I can find with a high maximum weight capacity and durability (hand brakes are a perk I'm looking for too, being that I'm a tiny girl I need a way to slow that sucker down if I'm taking it downhill). I always do my research before I make a big decision like this, especially when it comes to anything for my baby!
I've read review after review and compared style, price, versatility, weight, recalls, types of tires (plastic or rubber? definitely rubber!) ect. It's been quite exhausting! Of course the to-die-for Bob Stroller always comes in at number one for basically any review I've read, but it carries a not-so-affordable pricetag. Basically starting at $300 and up from there. A little steep for a young Mama like me to swing! Then there's Jeep's line of awesome strollers that I would LOVE but the maximum weight is about 40lbs or so, and I'd just rather not pay $200 for something Bella will quickly overtake in the weight department. If I were to rate my Top 5 I'd say; The Bob Revolution SE, The Schwinn Arrow, The Baby Trend Expedition (comes with speakers to plug an mp3 player into, so awesome!), The Jeep Overland, and a Baby Jogger. They all have amazing perks to them that are definitely in line with what I am looking for but not perfectly in line. Oh but which one! I guess I'm going to keep researching and narrow my decision down based on that. I'm just eager and in a time crunch to get one with warm weather approaching as well as my March of Dimes walk at the end of April (www.marchforbabies.org/MeganGriffith). I gotta pack up my preemie girl and have her walk with Mama to support other premature and low birth weight babies! She's my badge of honor!

My search is also kind of funny in a way, after all I am still 25 and even though I'm a Mommy now I still have that need to be stylish everywhere I go too (yes, even my stroller, sue me!). I took Bella to the park for the first time a few weeks ago during some very unseasonably warm Vermont weather with my borrowed stroller from a friend (plastic wheels + grass = not too manuverable that's for sure) and she with her shiny new Bob carrying her 4 year old son. While he ran around and played and I took a peek around at all the other Mommies, it's like a fashion contest! I was happily stunned! I mean there was a Mommy with a bright red stroller pushing around her baby with matching 5 inch red stilettos to match! I mean this is mulch and grass we're talking about here! But you had to love her for it! And now all these hi-tech, costly strollers all make sense now! It's like driving your Cadillac into a parking lot! Woo who! I can still be fashionable and stylish and so can Bella too! Just because you become a Mommy doesn't mean you can't have things that aren't fun and exciting yet functional AND baby oriented! Hallelujah!



I'll post pictures of whichever I choose, so stay tuned!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment