Friday, May 18, 2012

Tick!

Today started out beautiful and relaxing! We went to the park for a little family time. Family time = Bella and I on a blanket with my Nook and all of her fave toys, and Daddy shooting some hoops nearby, that way we all get to share a little bit of heaven. It was great, we live a stones throw from our local park, and there is a little path that cuts right through from our house to the park, can't ask for a much better location. It will be great when Bella is a toddler (an older) full of energy to take her right there close by and let her burn off her energy. Another thing I love is that the fireworks are held there each year, so for the first time we don't have to worry about PARKING! We can actually see them from home, so we'll see how Bella handles them this year, and hey if she doesn't like them, it takes about a minute to get back home.

I have been so crazy paranoid about ticks this year, being that we had such an unseasonably warm winter and the level of ticks is about twice what is usually is in past years. I picked up Bella of her blanket and there was a tick! After cursing, crying and freaking out (all while grinding it up in my hand and yelling at it), I called my Husband over who knows a lot about them and it was NOT a Deer Tick, and it was a little baby one so PHEW! This Momma for sure had a panic attack though. I wish there was something I could do, in short of wrapping my kid in a bug net!

So after a thorough tick inspection and a tubby, Bells is relaxing safely at home while we cook up some steaks and unwind! I love the weekend and the summer! Keep up the good weather!


My yummy steak dinner!

Goodnight all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment