Sunday, May 6, 2012

March For Babies!




Saturday was finally the day! We had our March of Dimes walk in Springfield, Vermont. It was really cold and windy but we toughed it out, rosy cheeks and all!
Everyone was so excited for the Nuby gift bags! They must have thought I was crazy, chasing people down to make sure they got one! I had them all set up at front desk near the donated food and drinks, and I loaded up a bunch in my stroller so I could hand them out while walking too.


Here's a photo of some of our team at the halfway point! Bella and I are second to the left!

                                                                    
What really stuck with me was the close camaraderie between everyone. It is addicting and has definitely made an impact on me, I will do this again, year after year! There were men, women, and lots of little kids. One couple even brought their 3 month old baby who was born very premature at 24 weeks and weighed less than two pounds at birth. They were so happy to be a part of this with their teeny little pride and joy bundled up along with them, and were very grateful for their Nuby bag. It truly warmed my heart to have them to hand out, especially to people who need them.

I also got to give them out to a young couple with twin baby girls! Though they aren't at sippy cup age yet, they were excited to have them for when the girls are older, and said they would DEFINITELY be using up the Dr. Talbot's Diaper Rash Cream right away.


One of the "walkers" enjoying his Nuby Sippy Cup on the walk!




The Halfway Point


Our family



Me!
The Sippy that saved the day when Mommy forgot the bubba!

Nuby Kids!




No comments:

Post a Comment