Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day

Glowing proudly on my first Mother's Day! And giving my daughter extra, extra lovin today. Of course, I've always thought of Mother's Day as special. And seeing as I have the best Mother in the world, who deserves the recognition for it, why wouldn't I?

Yet for some reason, the impact and lovely importance of Mother's Day has never set into my head until now that I am experiencing it as a Mother. I love it. I get it. And it's not because I get the glory now too, it's just that I understand as Mothers do now.

It makes me wish my Mother was here very badly. We could have a girls day and watch sappy movies and have take-out Thai food like we used to. I know people say it all the time, but honestly if I can be even the tiniest fraction of a Mother to Bella like my Mother was to me, she will be so truly blessed. I really hope that she and I are as close forever like my Mother and I were (and are!). I never even went through that rebellious "I hate my parents" stage of teenage angst. We have been friends, playmates, and confidants since I was born, and she will attest to that. I hope Bella and I can have girl days and watch movies, and confide in eachother that way. Every child deserves that kind of relationship with their parents. Each and every one!

Whew! Sorry for the deep posting, but this Mama is feeling so blessed today.

Happy Mother's Day to all you Mommies out there, today is for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment