Monday, May 21, 2012

Save the Jars


The link to the article is here: http://www.lilsugar.com/How-Reuse-Baby-Food-Jars-23154590?utm_source=babycenter.com&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=babycenter_facebook


I came across this cool article today for ways to "upcycle" instead of recycle used baby food jars. I love simple crafts like this, because I am unfortunately not as creative and crafty as I'd like to be. Hopefully
Mommyhood brings some newfound craftyness! A Momma can hope right!?

I really like the crayon idea, it's smart and it looks good as well. I will definitely be doing the photo jar idea here, it'd be a great gift too. My FAVORITE is the children's Advent Calendar idea in the article! Lets you make your own and put little gifts and knick-knacks in it for kiddos, if every month were a hassle then doing it the month you are counting down to something exciting would be a smart idea.

A few crafty ideas of my own for these baby jars was to put makeup brushes in a painted baby food jar, or q-tips! You could always label them too. Perhaps put a nail through the lids on a board and then add spices to the empty jars so when you are done with the spices you can simply screw them back onto their lid! They are sealed really well so it would certainly keep the spices fresh. You could also do it with nails, and screws and all those sort of miscellanious do-dads that have no specific place to be around the home. I know my Mother would suggest that empty food jars could house seashells because anything and everything in her house that even midly resembles a bowl or jar houses an endless array of seashells and seaglass :) Something I have done with really neat bottles in the past that would work for baby food jars as well is putting a little food coloring and some water in them for a little rainbow theme or all the same color if you have a color scheme you follow. If you do a little reasearch there seem to be endless things you can do with baby food jars, so now is a good time to start saving some because they aren't so economical anymore and those smart baby food bags are going to fizzle them out eventually I would say.

If you have any other fun ideas for baby food jars, or "upcycled" products of your own I would love to hear about them, feel free to share on here or my Blog Facebook page at: https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=100003659578701.

Upcycle on Mamas!






No comments:

Post a Comment