Friday, May 18, 2012

Angry Momma

I am one frustrated Momma tonight! I recently celebrated my first Mother's Day and as a gift to me because I am such an obsessive reader and am in love with my Nook, my Mother bought me a Barnes & Noble Gift Card to get some new Nook Books with.

SO...I tried to redeem it today and it wouldn't go through. It even lists on Barnes & Noble website that yes you do have to have a card on file, but if you have a Gift Card it will take over and that will be redeemed first. No problem since I have a Gift Card right? Wrong. I have a card on file but it currently has about .67 cents in it because sorry this Mommy doesn't get paid to be a Mommy. Yes I work, but my "job" is 24/7 and I don't punch in and punch out, it doesn't end, and it's hard, and wonderful and exhausting and beautiful and full of meaning, just not monetary. So I chatted with two of their customer service representatives and they said that even though my card is on file and even though the Gift Cards on an account get used before they touch your card you have to have at least .99 cents in your account. Ridiculous!

I sent them an email complaint voicing exactly this and how hurt I am that this rule is the way it is and how unfair it is to me, especially since I have been an avid Barnes & Noble customer since I was a little kid. My Mother and I used to spend hours in there just reading and browsing and getting lost in stories.

No books for me tonight, but hopefully someone will message me back and do something for me, but I'm sure like any other big business there will be "nothing they can do."

Whew! Sorry for the negative post tonight, I am just frustrated and wish that stay-at-home Mommies like me could catch a break once in a while!

No comments:

Post a Comment