Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Medical Kit Sale Today & My Review of my own Nuby Medical Kit!

Good Morning Everyone! I hope my Blog readers are experiencing some better weather than I am here in Vermont today. It's dreary and rainy and cold! A good day to stay inside and get things done, and get some baby snuggling in too.

It's also a great day for a sale, and what better to do on a dreary day then some online shopping? Sounds good to me! Today Nuby's Medical Kits are on sale at BuyBabyDirect.com, the link to the Medical Kit can be found here: http://www.buybabydirect.com/p/139/24170-medical-kit

I was fortunate enough to get one of these kits with my Nuby Welcome Basket and I personally love it and highly recommend it, I've added my thoughts on some of the tools below. The kit which normally goes for about $7.00 or so is on sale for only $5.24! A very good deal considering all you get in the kit.
The Nuby Medical Kit includes:

Sure-Drop Medicine Dropper & Medicine Dispenser - Measure in Teaspoons and Milliliters. I love both of these for a few reasons. I have a very, very hard time giving Bella baby Tylenol because she hates the taste and gets very worked up and almost always ends up choking no matter what position I put her in. Really scary! I believed it was partly because of her hating it, but also because the dropper that came with the Tylenol was terrible and would slip and end up squirting a big mouthful at a time into her mouth unless you used two hands on it. With Nuby's Medicine Dispenser you have to put some effort into squirting down the dropper so it comes out slowly and not in one huge squirt, which I love. With the old dropper giving her medicine was a two person, very stressful process (not easy whatsoever for a stay-at-home Mommy). Since I have had the Sure-Drop Medicine Dropper and also the Dispenser I have been using both of them for her medicine to see which works better and have been able to throw out the one that came with the Tylenol and can give Bella medicine much more easily and with just one hand. The Nuby Dropper is also skinnier and longer than the one I had so I can put it deeper into the side of her mouth and she actually gets it down instead of just spitting it out all over the place. Success!

Medi-Nurser - To administer oral medicine with a silicone nipple tip on it. How smart! I've never seen anything like this before, which is so strange because it makes perfect sense. What better of a way to get your baby to take medicine then putting a nipple on it like they are used to? Brilliant Nuby, Brilliant.

Nasal Aspirator (Much, much better than the one I received at the Hospital and not as sharp and scary! It's got a much more blunt tip and better suction, this Mommy approves!)

Ear Syringe - Gentle tip won't poke inside little ears.

Not only is the Nuby Medicial Kit a heck of a deal today, it's just a really smart purchase in general and I feel every Mom should have one on hand because you will need it and you will use it! Don't miss out :)


No comments:

Post a Comment