Friday, June 1, 2012

Uncle Ryan

Due to the fact that I was recovering in the beginning of the month from gallbladder surgery I never did do an entry about a very important event in my life.

For one reason or another I had not seen my one and only big Brother Ryan since I was about 5 months pregnant or so, and his Daughter, my niece Alyssia Megan (yes, named after me!). It's been very hard to not be a part of either of their lives especially since my Brother and I have always been so close. He had a lot to do with raising me and is and will always be so dear to me. With an amazing single Mother who worked multiple jobs it was Ryan I went to for everything. He is my confidant, my best friend, my partner in crime, the one who taught me how to ride a bike, the ONLY one who I would ever let help me wiggle out a loose tooth, patch up a "boo-boo" or kick the butts of school bullies. I love him a lot.


It was becoming very hard for me to have not seen him or Alyssia for so long, but during my stay in the hospial Ryan and my niece surprised me and showed up to come see me. It was a very tearful and sweet reunion. I got to hug and squeeze them both and Uncle Ryan got to meet my Daughter for the first time. Can you say "Tissue please?" Here are some photos from that day, and since then.
We are now back in eachother's lives and I couldn't be happier. We are eachother's only siblings and our Daughter's are our only children. I am blessed to have them back in my life and Bella is blessed to have an Uncle like her Uncle Ryan. My heart is warmed and I am humbled and I cannot wait for the special memories in the future that our Daughter's will have growing up closely and have all the fun cousin experiences that Ryan and I had growing up with ours. Blessed!






No comments:

Post a Comment